Senior Agronomist-Saskatchewan Broad Acre Farming
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2014|
|Expiry Date||Jun 02, 2014|
|Phone Number||(519) 291-9796
As a premium source for Variable Rate Technology, Crop Marketing, and Data Analytics for farmers in Western Canada, our retained client, Decisive Farming, is seeking an agribusiness professional to join their Saskatchewan team. All applications must be directed to AgriStaffing, not our client.
Primary Purpose of Position To support the Business Development team with equipment and agronomic expertise for Decisive growers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and facilitate Agronomic recommendations and equipment support for Decisive Farming products and services.
- Support the Business Development team with equipment and agronomic expertise, and assist as required to qualify growers and close sales.
- Daily usage of CRM:
- Facilitate the creation of applied research and accurate data collection and comparison.
- Be in continuous learning mode and seeking advice from the other members of the management team. Is encouraged to bring and share new concepts and ideas with the team for prospective further development.
- Ensure all customer information is input and current;
- Recording all sales information (sales calls, meetings, crops plans, etc.);
- Act upon tagged clients (sales leads, sales notifications, etc);
- Entry of orders into Capsule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture with 5 to 10 years of related work experience.
- Current CCA credentials
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to undertake customer's needs analyses on an ongoing basis
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Ability to perform both cold and warm calls and close a sale
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft office programs. Previous experience with a CRM program an asset
- Superior customer relation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player that is not afraid to ask for help
- Willing to continuously expand knowledge base about products, packages and programs
- Good negotiating skills
- Willing to work in a fast paced changing environment
- Voc. Ag 2 year program trainees may be considered
- Must be willing to work in a highly mobile sales call environment
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate the seasonal nature of the industry
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
For more information please contact Keith.
- Farm Equipment Operator posted about 9 hours ago.
- Agriculture Sales Consultant posted 1 day ago.
- Store Manager-Farm Equipment-Partnership Possibilities posted 2 days ago.
- Tractor Operators - Tilling/spraying/seeding posted 2 days ago.
- General Manager posted 2 days ago.