Agronomist (4451)Apply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Dr.|
|Location||North Eastern Ontario|
Our client is a very large, family owned, diversified agribusiness with operations in cropping, grain orientation, grain marketing, grain handling, crop consulting services, crop input sales and forage seed sales. They farm in Northern Ontario and Quebec.
Reporting to the Farm Manager responsibilities to include:
- Recommendations on crops for various fields
- Scout all crops on an ongoing basis, in a timely fashion, and report on crop conditions, pest and disease issues.
- Create scouting reports to outline problems found and recommend treatment actions and timing of action.
- Create reports to show results of treatment actions
- Create data base of crop issues and update on a continual basis to build a history for each field and crop variety
- Perform mapping & soil sampling duties as required
- Give recommendations for fertility of crops
- Assist in ensuring that planting, spraying and harvest equipment is correctly calibrated
- Assist in budget preparation, planning and summer staffing
- CCA designation would be an asset and or the ability to pass the exam
- Preferably Bilingual
A successful candidate will actively pursue opportunities to provide agronomic services to existing and new retail clients, as well as, assisting retail sales staff with agronomic training and support.
Relocation assistance is available to the successful candidate.
Northern Ontario is fast becoming the new hub of agriculture in Ontario. This opportunity gives you the chance to become involved at the early stages. Assistance with sourcing housing in a community with all the amenities good schools and recreational and social infrastructure for family.