Farm Labourer/Digester Operator
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON|
Our client is a large, successful family-operated beef feedlot and cash crop operation located in Southwestern Ontario A critical part of their business is operating a large anaerobic digester used to generate electricity. We are currently accepting applications for a Digester Operator/Technician as well as to perform general farm labour duties. They offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Do you have an agricultural background? Do you work well independently and take pride and ownership in your work? Do you have electrical/mechanical experience with attention to detail? If you answered yes to these questions, this may be a wonderful career opportunity for you.
What you will do:
- Monitor and operate the anaerobic digester to achieve top performance
- Respond to alarms from the anaerobic digester and trouble shoot to maintain operation
- Maintain accurate work records and logs.
- Operate and maintain other farm machinery and equipment.
- Perform general farm duties.
What you will need:
- Anaerobic digester experience an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to learn and work effectively in a computerized environment.
- Electrical/mechanical experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of farm equipment and ability to operate such equipment.
- Ability to perform a variety of farm-related duties and prioritize.
- The willingness to be on-call and respond timely to alarm situations.
- Valid G Driver’s License