Breeding Manager (2628)Apply online
Our Client is an established and successful breeding operation specializing in global breeding stock sales and are committed to being positive advocates for agriculture. They have an immediate need for an enthusiastic, skilled and dedicated individual to be an integral part of the team as the Barn Manager for their gilts breeding operation located in Huron County. If you have experience breeding gilts please apply below.
Compensation: A competitive compensation package is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
What you will do:
- Managing all activities for the gilts breeding barn.
- Implement action plans to meet farm specific goals.
- Manage one assistant to ensure the operation runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Follow all bio-security and animal welfare procedures.
- Maintain a high quality of herd health.
- Order and maintain feed and supplies.
- Be responsible for barn chores including breeding, pregnancy testing, vaccinations, feeding and maintaining proper standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Repair equipment as necessary.
- All other responsibilities as necessary to run a very successful breeding operation.
What you will need:
- Three or more years of experience breeding gilts.
- The desire to create the very best results.
- Strong communication, organization and time-management skills
- The patience and gentle nature to work with young stock.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work methodically and accurately.
- The ability to look ahead to see what work needs to be done next.
- The desire to keep the barns and the animals in excellent condition.