Dairy Farmer - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON|
Our client is a modern, family oriented Dairy Farm, located near Ayr, Ontario. They are growing and are now in search of an experienced and dedicated Dairy Herdsperson to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity for a career oriented individual that is looking for a position with more responsibility.
What you will do:
- Daily care of a modern dairy farm with 1500 cattle.
- Monitoring of herd, stall cleaning, and bedding in order to provide excellent herd health.
- Heat detection and breeding as well as vaccinations, and calving.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance in order to ensure that all of the equipment is operating properly.
- Operation of various farm machinery
- Handling routine maintenance around the work area
- Supervising other staff as needed
What you will need:
- A minimum of ten years of direct experience as a Dairy Herdsperson
- Must have a valid Class G Drivers License with a clean drivers abstract
- Experience milking, treating, hoof trimming and feeding Dairy cattle
- Above average attention to detail skills.
- Ability to self-manage and solve problems as they arise.
- Mechanical ability for small repairs.
- Post secondary education in a related field is considered a strong asset
- Experience Managing a Dairy operation is considered a strong asset but not required
- $20 - $25/h to start. Can negotiate an hourly wage if preferred
- Two weeks of holidays each year to start