Dairy HerdsmanApply online
|Company Name||Grenellen Farms Ltd.|
Grenellen Farms is looking for a hard-working, reliable individual to work on our dairy and grain farm located north of Embro Ontario. We are looking for a full-time herdsman ASAP.
The candidate must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, and some weekends. Duties and hours vary with the seasons.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Care and management of 80-100 cow milking herd, includes stall cleaning, and bedding in order to provide excellent herd health
- Calf and youngstock health and feeding
- Feeding and milking cows
- Seasonal field work will also be required.
What you will need:
- Must have a valid Class G Driver’s License
- Experience milking, treating and feeding Dairy cattle
- Experience with AI breeding
- Above average attention to detail skills
- Ability to self-manage and solve problems as they arise
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience Managing a Dairy operation is considered a strong asset but not required
- Post-secondary education in a related field is considered a strong asset
- Comfortable running equipment such as skid steer and loader tractor
- Must be reliable and punctual
Compensation: Wage and vacation is negotiable for the right person
If you are a conscientious individual that takes pride in a job well done, please send your resume
to email@example.com If you have questions, feel free to call or text Brad at 519-535-2654.