Edible Bean Account Manager - Filled
|Company Name||Hensall District Co-op|
|Company Address||1 Davidson Drive, Box 219|
Edible Bean Account Manager
Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to develop, implement, and maintain an international and domestic dry edible bean program and specialty crops (i.e. chick peas, lentils, etc.). This position is full time and will report to the Commercial Business Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish costs, calculate sales prices, present offers, and negotiate terms and conditions of sale.
- Prepare and finalize business contracts and terms of sales agreements in a manner which minimizes financial risk to HC.
- Review, interpret and analyze North American and international supply, demand and carry as well as global external factors to provide knowledgeable input to the company’s contracting programs.
- Develop yearly business plans for targeted market segments.
- Efficiently manage the sales to maximize market opportunities and production capabilities.
- Assist the Credit Manager in the collection of accounts receivables relating to the business.
- Conduct business in compliance with internationally recognized trade practices (CSCA Trade Rules, Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Credits etc.)
- Be aware and knowledgeable of phytosanitary and other export documentation requirements.
- Maintain up to date on trade barriers, importation requirements/restrictions, transoceanic freight services and structures for the countries that have potential markets.
- Maintain familiarity with international and national trade norms and terms as they apply to importation/exportation of all products.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships to act as HC’s liaison with International Trade Directors of the Provincial and Federal governments, brokers, agents and potential active customers.
- Represent HC by attending conventions, visiting with customers, and hosting meetings/presentations.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients to ensure continued customer satisfaction for future opportunities.
- Assist in setting promotional objectives, sales and procurement budgets.
- Understand and follow all HC Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Sound knowledge of agricultural commodities- specifically dry beans and specialty crops
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational ability
- Strong time management skills
- Computer skills, including strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strategic selling and diplomatic negotiation skills
- Capable of building and maintaining strong, lasting relationships within domestic and international dry bean and special crop markets.
- In depth knowledge of commodity trading and marketing.
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team.
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong understanding of effective marketing techniques.
- Sensitivity to international cultural differences.
- Post-Secondary education in business, sales or marketing related program
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in domestic and international agricultural commodity marketing.
- Valid Canadian G Driver’s License.
- Valid passport for international travel.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
Please click on the Apply online button below if you are interested in apply to this job.