Feed Manager (2536) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON|
Our Client is a local provider of innovative feed specialties, premixes and nutritional services for the animal nutrition industry. They are currently accepting applications for a Feed Manager.
What you will do:
- Responsible for all staff pertaining to the mill, elevator, warehouse and trucks.
- Ensure superior customer service from all sections under their control
- Ensure superior customer service at the warehouse dock.
- Ensure all staff are properly safety training and that all training is up to date.
- Communicate with the Store/Assistant Store Manager to resolve any receiving variances
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all receiving functions
- Manage flow of stock: backroom to retail floor & retail to backroom as season dictates
- Ensure proper/accurate records are kept of damaged products or product returns
- Maintain and organize storage areas, including good housekeeping standards
- Complete daily cleanup, including but not limited to sweeping floors, removing garbage and recycling in storage areas
- Establish and manage areas in storage areas for overstock
- Responsible for inventory control.
- Ensure all paperwork is being completed properly and everything going out gets billed and incoming gets received properly
- Ensure inventory of feed and grain is fresh and rotated regularly.
- Work closely on a daily basis with the feed manager at our other location to ensure both mills and both companies are utilizing all delivery trucks to their maximum efficient
- Work closely with the financial controller to ensure proper margins and risk loss coverage.
- Ensure all feed and grain are made properly and in a timely manner, ensuring all feed regulation are being met
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Ability to sell and cross sell when opportunities present themselves
- Other duties as assigned by assistant manager
- Empower staff to do their jobs to best of their ability
- Scheduling of staff including ensuring hours of work are fair and equitable
- Responsible for granting, reviewing and restricting overtime as necessary
What you will need:
- Good knowledge of, Health and Safety procedures, customer services, administrative and clerical procedures.
- Good active listening, reading comprehension, time management and writing skills.
- Secondary School graduate
- Good computer skills/working knowledge of Micro Soft Office
- Good Organizational skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently & multi task
- Ability to obtain propane license