Food Safety ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Employment Office|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia|
- Do you have food safety experience?
- Enjoy an attractive salary, generous benefits, and relocation assistance!
- Great opportunity to grow your career with a leading supplier of agricultural products
About BC Tree Fruits
BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is owned by local grower families. Our contracted growers nurture the orchards to create the best produce possible, and we provide the expertise in grading, packing and marketing under the BC Tree Fruits brand. Our organization supports its growers with sales, marketing, accounting, technology, shipping, horticultural, and regulatory compliance assistance.
Together with our wholly-owned subsidiary, Growers Supply Company Limited, our combined entities operate 11 facilities across the Okanagan Valley and produce over $130 million in revenue annually. The Cooperative is proudly unionized and is a dynamic organization which has a newfound direction and focus.
About the Opportunity
BC Tree Fruits is currently seeking a Food Safety Manager to join our team in Kelowna, British Columbia on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will monitor workplace and on farm activities to ensure employees comply with company policies and food safety requirements.
More specifically, you will have responsibilities pertaining to policy development, document control and verification, site inspections, site audits, food safety training and compliance to the CanadaGAP and customers’ requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Plant Food Safety Program and On Farm Food Safety Program to ensure the program complies with CanadaGAP, regulatory, and customer requirements
- Ensuring document control, verifying record keeping, and taking corrective actions in preparation for third-party and internal auditing
- Maintaining appropriate communication and information flow with the Certification Body and with Canada GAP representatives
- Conducting internal audits in facilities and on farm
- Preparing and delivering constructive feedback to employees and growers
- Preparing and facilitating third-party audits
- Conducting regular inspections of all plant sites for food safety practice and documentation compliance
- Interpreting audit findings and customer due diligence requests for the sales and operations departments to implement
- Conducting investigations of food safety incidents, and reporting details of the causes and provide policy recommendation to mitigate further reoccurrences
- Identifying training needs, developing appropriate training programs, and delivering training to employees
- Hiring, training and supervising up to 6 seasonal On Farm Auditor/Trainers
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of food safety experience. A University Degree or Diploma in Health & Safety or related field is a strong asset, as is HACCP accreditation.
You will do well in this role if you have strong written and verbal communication skills and leadership abilities. The ability to adapt to and facilitate change is essential, as is cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with a variety of people across the organization.
Above all, you will be patient and have the ability to work with multiple departmental managers and growers, while balancing deadlines and multiple priorities.
About the Benefits
We are offering an attractive remuneration package that is commensurate with skills and experience, including the following benefits:
- Extended medical and dental, including BC MSP
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by employer (capped)
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Yearly incentive program
- Store discounts and mileage reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
To ensure our employees maintain a healthy work/life balance, we also offer a comprehensive Health and Wellness program.
Upon joining BC Tree Fruits, you will be welcomed into a supportive and collaborative culture that is actively involved in giving back to the community. From weekly food bank contributions to shoe drives for Africa and donations to the BC Cancer Foundation, we believe it's important to support the communities who support us.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to use your leadership experience and take on a pivotal role with a leading agricultural supplier. APPLY TODAY!
PLEASE NOTE: IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/102305