General Manager Swine OperationsApply online
|Company Name||South West Ontario Veterinary Services|
|Company Address||500 Wright Bvld Stratford|
South West Ontario Veterinary Services is recruiting on behalf of a client for the position of General Manager of swine operations.
SUMMARY: If you are a motivated individual, this position will allow you to share new ideas, drive innovation, and be a part of a dynamic team. As the general manager, you would be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the farm, ensuring production targets are met and supervising the farm staff.
• Lead a team of approximately 15 people.
• Create and manage employee work schedules and maintain personnel files.
• Establish and maintain good communication with farm staff, veterinary team and owner.
• Ensure that key production targets are being met and that records and any analysis are reported in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assess daily that standard operating procedures are being followed and facilities are in good working condition.
• Maintain and ensure strict adherence to established biosecurity principles.
We Want Someone Who:
• Is passionate about agriculture and livestock production and takes pride in operational excellence.
• Can impact our organization by navigating through interesting and sometimes challenging opportunities.
• Has three to five years of production experience and training or management.
• Can communicate effectively with the entire team (staff, veterinary team and owner).
• Is able to work in an office setting, as well as a farm environment.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with "General Manager" in subject line.