General ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Ontario Processing Vegetable Growers|
|Company Address||435 Consortium Court|
General Manager, Ontario Processing Vegetable Growers
The Ontario Processing Vegetable Growers (OPVG) is a non-profit grower organization established under the Ontario Farm Products Marketing Act, and is a producer-led marketing board for 14 different processing vegetable crops.
OPVG is seeking an energetic, visionary and results oriented General Manager who will lead strategic growth and assist in the development of strategies, policies and initiatives that benefit the processing vegetable growers.
- Leadership and Board support for vegetable contract negotiations
- Implementing strategic and business plans, Board decisions and directives
- Coordination for and liaison with the Board of Directors and Board committees and establish international networks and liaisons
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of information on markets and crop information, and price discovery mechanisms
- Budget preparation and operational implementation
- Developing and enhancing collaborative relationships with industry value chain partners, government and other agri-food associations
- Leadership and support for industry based research, crop protection, and environmental sustainability.
- Leadership of sector marketing programs including market development
- Operational policies and procedures
- Communications oversight both internal and external
- Management of human resources
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- A background and experience in agriculture
- Post secondary education in an agricultural related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum five years of senior management experience
- Strong leadership skills including report writing and presentation skills
- Experience with a non-profit Board of Directors
- Familiar with work in a rural setting
- Experience managing and being accountable for financial resources, budgets, contracts, negotiations, regulations and agreements
- Demonstrated ability to interact tactfully and effectively with business, government and political leaders to build relationships and consensus
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Resumes should be forwarded to:
435 Consortium Court
London, ON N6E 2S8
OR email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: July 31, 2017
Ontario Processing Vegetable Growers thanks all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. OPVG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate. Our office is located in London, ON but some travel is required.