Genetics Program Lead (5563)
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Are you interested in working with an established and successful family run hog operation as their new Genetics Program Lead?
Our Client is a second-generation farrow to finish operation specializing in global breeding stock sales, committed to being positive advocates for agriculture. They are looking for a skilled and dedicated individual to be an integral part of the team at their 700-sow farrow to wean facility, located in Huron County. If you have the education, research skills, and some hands-on experience, or you are an experienced swine barn technician, we want to hear from you! Please apply below.
Compensation: A competitive compensation package is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
What you will do:
- Treat the animals like they are your own.
- Maintain a high quality of herd health.
- Scan pigs using genetic improvement program (e-Farm).
- Select gilts and boars.
- Vaccinate animals
- Weekend breeding.
- Take blood/saliva and DNA samples.
- Perform planned mating’s.
- Assisting with loading animals on trailers.
- Follow all bio-security and animal welfare procedures.
- Repair equipment as necessary.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
What you will need:
- 3+ years of experience working directly with swine.
- Knowledge of genetic improvement.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Goal oriented; receives satisfaction in completing a task/project.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Self motivated, with a positive attitude.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license.