Grain Buyer/Trader (5529) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Are you interested in working with a successful global company as a Grain Buyer/Trader?
With head offices in Toronto and offices around the world, our client sources and sells bulk grains, lentils, peas, chickpeas, and other specialty crops to an international clientele. They are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to be an integral part of their team at the Toronto office. If you have excellent knowledge of the grain industry and successful experience trading these products, we want to hear from you! Please apply below.
What you will do:
- Establish a solid business base for buying and selling products.
- Develop and strengthen long-term customer relationships.
- Develop and grow key vendor and industry relationships, and new product sources, to ensure supply of quality product.
- Maintain and expand existing client base and research new potential markets.
- Coordinate with producers and cleaning plants to purchase crops for export.
- Purchase correct grades of grains for domestic contracts and exports.
- Ensure delivery of products on time, to the stipulated destination.
- Trade on own account, domestic or international, as opportunities arise.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, and Logistics departments.
- The company may assign other duties from time to time.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience in trading grain or related products.
- Ability to build strong Farmer & Grain Elevator relations.
- An understanding of rules and regulations for purchasing and exporting of crops.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of inspection processes for products.
- Relevant business contacts with the ability to build a strong and profitable book of business quickly.
- Strong phone sales skills with an assertive approach
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with contacts at all levels.
- Ability to travel in Canada and abroad to visit farming operations, inspect grain bin contents, inspect fields, and grade grain for potential sales/purchases.
- A good understanding of logistics for moving products.
- Strong business acumen, a team approach, professionalism, strong business ethics, creativity, and persistence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Word & Excel).
- A competitive compensation package is offered based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.