Grain Trader (5614)Apply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
AgriStaffing.com Inc. is a recruitment firm for permanent full and part-time agricultural jobs in Canada. As farmers and agribusiness people with more than 40 years of industry experience, we understand the needs of our employers and our candidates. Our goal is to provide our clients with long-term quality employee solutions as well as to help candidates find a rewarding, long-term career. Please visit our website at www.agristaffing.com for more information and our job board with a full list of available Ag jobs.
Our Client is an established and successful grain exporting company that exports top quality grains to Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and other regions around the globe. Due to continuing growth they require a Grain Trader who will be responsible for purchasing and selling to existing and new international clientele. If you are a solid relationship builder with a positive, customer pleasing attitude who understands how to effectively buy speciality crops in today's dynamic global market place, this could be an excellent career opportunity for you. Please apply below.
A very competitive package is negotiable based on experience and will include a base salary, commissions, and other benefits.
Why work with our client:
- An established, stable and successful company.
- Competitive negotiable compensation package.
- Licenced dealer with the Canadian Grain Commission.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the strategic sourcing, purchasing and selling of speciality agri-products including Canadian Pulse, Oilseed, Cereal and other Canadian Grain crops.
- Develop and maintain extensive and varied business relationships in the marketplace.
- Actively drive new business growth by developing new relationships with suppliers and buyers.
- Oversee the logistics of moving inventory half way around the world.
- Watch Regional and Global grain markets to keep management up to date with the latest trends.
- Provide excellent customer service by delivering the right product, at the right time, at the right price.
What you will need:
- Five or more years of experience in selling Canadian grain crops to markets around the world.
- A solid understanding of Lentils, Chick Peas, Peas and other speciality crops.
- Experience in purchasing speciality and other Canadian cereal crops.
- An understanding of rules and regulations regarding the purchasing and exporting of crops.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- The willingness to travel within Canada and Internationally.
- A good understanding of the logistics of moving product from the field to half way across the world.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, the ability to work effectively with others and the capacity to develop good business relations with all suppliers.