Junior Technician / Apprentice (4589)
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Dr.|
Our client is seeking a Junior Technician and will sponsor and support candidates who wish to pursue a career as a Small Engine Mechanic, Turf Equipment Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Technician and/or Agricultural Equipment Mechanic.
The Junior Technician is responsible for:
- Inspecting machinery and conducting preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Test to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Operate equipment for testing purposes or diagnose using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing machinery.
- Repair or replace worn parts ahead of equipment breakdown or damage.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor and mechanics.
- Inspect motors in operation, test motorized equipment systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service.
- Advise customers on work performed, general equipment condition and future repair requirements.
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit.
- Test and adjust units to specifications for proper performance.
- Perform work at customer locations.
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- Other duties as necessary.
Along with your resume please include why our client should hire you above other candidates and what your goals are from this position.
Please insure that your resume clearly specifies your experience with Small Engines, Turf Equipment, Heavy Equipment and Agricultural Equipment.