Logistics Manager (5584) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
|Location||west of Montreal, QC|
Our client is a successful and established distributor of crop inputs, grains, and other specialty crops to a domestic and international clientele. They are seeking an experienced individual to be an integral part of their team as the new Logistics Manager at their office west of Montreal. If you have successful experience coordinating logistics for agricultural commodities, along with strong negotiation skills, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Please apply below.
Compensation: A competitive compensation package, including benefits, is negotiable, based on the candidates experience and capacity.
What you will do:
- Manage the company’s capacity to grow the business by controlling the overall transportation and logistics functions.
- Maintain reliable, timely, efficient, and competitive logistics operations.
- Coordinate with the Procurement & Sales departments on a day to day basis; Planning, balancing and constantly readjusting inbound product movement according to trans-loading, storage capacity, production capacity, and customer requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor with commodity suppliers for the transportation and movement of goods for importing and exporting.
- Communicate and coordinate with co-loaders, truckers, customs brokers and other service providers and agents.
- Hands on transaction processing, i.e. Prepare import and export documentation related to banks and customs agencies. Arrange for transport/shipping documentation; oversee the scheduling; dispatching and monitoring for the movement of goods.
- Monitor holds or discrepancies in the movement of goods and notify all relevant stakeholders especially customer service and the customer.
- Negotiate and organize inbound and outbound rates with carriers (select/replace carriers to meet the objectives, resolve issues with carriers, during and after business hours)
- Communicate with Road, Rail, and Sea freight carriers and subcontractors.
- Resolve problems, provide ongoing support, and be proactive with services. Gathering of claim documents and facts if claims are involved.
- Develop and maintain a reliable network of carriers of specific type of transport (bulk, dumper, hopper, dry box, liquid, container, pallets) in order to provide fast and competitive pricing to other departments.
- Remain responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of the movement of shipments; resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review files before closing to ensure all processes are adhered to.
- The company may assign other duties from time to time
What you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in logistics coordination for agricultural commodities or related agricultural products.
- Experience with Incoterms, payment terms, and commercial operations.
- Succesful Canadian supply chain management experience.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating favorable terms from transportation suppliers.
- Willingness to ‘go to bat’ for the company with suppliers.
- Willingness to perform preparation of documentation as needed.
- Excellent communication skills (both French and English, oral and written - is a must)
- Solid computer software skills (Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.