Property ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Bonnefield Financial Inc|
|Company Address||16 Concourse Gate, Suite 200|
Bonnefield Financial Inc. (Bonnefield) is Canada’s foremost provider of land-lease financing for farmers, dedicated to preserving “farmland for farming”. Since 2009 we have deployed more than $650 million from Canadian high net worth and institutional investors to help 100 farm families grow, reduce debt and plan succession and transition. Today we have over 100,000 acres under management across Canada.
Bonnefield’s continued growth has created an opportunity for an additional Property Manager (PM) to be located at our Ottawa Office.
The role of PM for Bonnefield offers the successful candidate the most comprehensive agriculture career in the country. The position provides exposure to every sector of Canadian agriculture and allows the incumbent to interact with the top growers. They will join an industry leader whose objective is the prosperity of Canadian agriculture as a whole.
Bonnefield raises capital from investors to purchase Canadian farmland. Once owned the PM team manages the farmland on the investor’s behalf. Bonnefield leases the land to farmers on a long-term basis, creating relationships that last many years. The PM acts as the owner of this long-term relationship, being the liaison between the investor and the farmer. The PM oversees all aspects of the farmer relationship, farmland performance, and ensures farmers are following stewardship practices that are in line with Bonnefield’s high agrology standards.
The PM is also expected to maintain the integrity of the farmland asset they have been contracted to manage and to ensure that investors are receiving an appropriate return on their investment. The PM will coordinate a team to ensure effective management of farm leasing, capital expenditures projects, and repairs and maintenance budgets. A PM’s activities should align Bonnefield’s investor’s objectives with a farmers’ strategic and operational objectives to produce superior returns for both.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Managing tenant relationships
- Monitoring/tracking accounts receivable
- Monitoring/tracking “Standards of Care” deliverables, Bonnefield’s agrology standards
- Visiting farms on an annual basis and report on activities
- Identifying and project managing capital expenditures and property improvements
- Executing and administering lease agreements with farm partners
- Liaising with Asset Manager and providing weekly updates
- Assisting in compilation of quarterly reports
- Creating and executing on property level budgets
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Providing data/recommendations on asset and investment decisions
- Assisting in investment fund raising activities
The Qualifications required for the position include:
- Post-Secondary education with a concentration in Agriculture, Economics, Finance, Business or related discipline
- Working experience in Canadian Agriculture (Farming, Ag Retail/ Sales, etc.…) is essential
- A passion for the Agriculture industry
- Ability to travel 25%
- Valid Driver’s License
- Appropriate balance between working independently and collaborating in a team environment
If you are seeking the ultimate opportunity to showcase your exceptional skills and contribute to agriculture with Bonnefield then we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your resume along with a covering letter explaining why you should be our Property Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Bonnefield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.