Seed Processing Associate
|Company Name||C&M Seeds|
|Company Address||6180 5th Line|
FULL TIME POSITION: C&M Seeds is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with for the position of Seed Processing Associate. This position offers opportunity for advancement for the right candidate. Quality control, attention to detail, good communication and written skills are all mandatory requirements for this position.
Key activities/ responsibilities:
- Operation of seed cleaning equipment to ensure purity and grade of final product to meet the company's seed packaging requirements in a timely fashion under the supervision of the Seed Plant Manager
- Maintain, or assist with maintenance and repairs of equipment involved in the seed cleaning process
- Keeping accurate records of seed movement and grading of incoming loads
- Be a team player with a strong work ethic, adaptable to change and willing to work extra hours during peak fall and spring seasons
- Previous experience with cleaning or processing equipment, personal and/or work experience in agriculture would be an asset
- Able to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Possess mechanical aptitude and experience with minor machine maintenance
- Possess good record-keeping skills, written and by computer
- Be willing to obtain Forklift Operators license, and Grader/Operator Certificate
- AZ/D driver's license would be an asset
C & M Seeds is a family-run seed business with over 35 years experience in providing leading cereal genetics to growers in eastern Canada.
Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.