Service Manager - Agricultural Machinery (5603) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
|Location||Durham Region , Ontario|
AgriStaffing.com Inc. is a recruitment firm for permanent full and part-time agricultural jobs in Canada. As farmers and agribusiness people with more than 40 years of industry experience, we understand the needs of our employers and our candidates. Our goal is to provide our clients with long-term quality employee solutions as well as to help candidates find a rewarding, long-term career. Please visit our website at www.agristaffing.com for more information and our job board with a full list of available Ag jobs.
Our client is a successful main-line farm machinery dealer, located in Durham Region, Ontario. We are recruiting for a full-time qualified Service Manager. If you have experience servicing agricultural/heavy machinery, leadership skills, and a drive to help customers solve technical problems, this could be the right opportunity for you. Please apply below.
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Why work with our client:
- An established, stable and successful locally owned company.
- A productive team environment where your opinions are appreciated.
- Competitive compensation package based on experience.
What you will do:
- Communicate with customers, and other Dealership departments to obtain details of work to be carried out, location and time frames.
- Write work orders, clearly outlining the service issue in sufficient detail so that the Mechanical Technician can carry out the repairs accurately and completely to the customer's satisfaction with minimum questions.
- Keep a log of work orders, ensuring that work orders are routed to the correct Dealership departments and are promptly and correctly closed for billing.
- Complete all functions pertaining to the processing of warranty, promptly.
- Verify, approve and close work orders and forward to Administration.
- Handle customer complaints and keeping manager informed of such complaints, referring major problems and difficulties with large purchasers to manager.
- Ensure Service Technicians are supplied with a steady flow of work, in keeping with their abilities and making corrections, as necessary, to ensure that assignments are completed in a timely and professional manner to the customers' satisfaction.
- Advise mechanical technicians, when necessary or when requested, how to carry out repairs, adjustments and settings, according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Ensure that the shop, tool room, machine shop, offices, showroom, common and outside areas of the Dealership are neat, clean and safe at all times.
- Attending Dealership management meetings.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of Agricultural/Heavy machinery service experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of farm machinery.
- Working knowledge of Precision Ag systems is an asset.
- A passion for solving technical problems.
- The willingness to self manage and to make sound decisions.
- The ability to work effectively with most common computer programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- Superior organizational and paperwork skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.