Sow Barn Manager - URGENT - Filled
|Company Name||AgriStaffing.com Inc.|
|Company Address||Centre Wellington County, ON|
|Location||Centre Wellington County, ON|
Sow Barn Manager - URGENT
Our Client is a successful and progressive family run swine operation in Centre Wellington. They run a very modern and clean sow operation. They provide excellent working conditions, a modern barn, an almost new 4 bedroom home and an above average pay package. They just purchased this new farm and need a Sow Barn Manager for this 700 Sow operation.
Why Work for Them:
- Young and progressive family owned farm.
- Modern facilities that allows for the highest level of care and animal husbandry.
- Almost new 4 bedroom home.
- Full time, year round employment in a friendly small town atmosphere.
- Forward thinking – Owners value employee input, team approach to management.
- Flexible work schedule with a competitive remuneration package.
- Rural location, close to schools, hospital, shopping and community centres.
What you will do:
- Treat the animals like they were you own.
- Managing all barn activities from breeding to farrowing.
- Be responsible for barn chores including cleaning, feeding, maintenance and maintaining proper standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Manage the employee to ensure the operation runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain a high quality of herd health.
- Follow all bio-security animal procedures.
- All other responsibilities as necessary to run a very successful operation.
What you need:
- Five or more years of swine breeding and farrowing experience.
- A high breeding success rate.
- A mechanical sense and the ability to work as a team leader.
- The patience and gentle nature to work with young stock.
- The desire to create the very best results.
- The desire to keep the barn and the animals in excellent condition.
- The ability to look ahead to see what work needs to be done next.
- The ability to read, write and speak the English Language effectively.
Our client provides excellent working conditions with an above average pay package. They are on a batch farrowing systems which provide approximately 18 days of minimum work. Rotating weekends with minimum hours worked are required. Please click on “Apply online” below if you are interested in applying to this job.