Swine Technician (2625)Apply online
Our client is a growing farming operation with a 400 Sow Farrow to Finish operation located near Tillsonburg, Ontario. At this time they are welcoming a new team member at their modern and clean facility that wishes to grow their career as they grow. Please apply below if you have experience with livestock and are interested in a career as a Swine Technician.
Please send your resume to Agristaffing.com below and not our client.
What you will do:
- Herd Health
- All farrowing tasks including assisting of sows/cross fostering
- Help with Weaning
- Power Washing
- Litter Processing
- Nursery Management
- Report, work and communicate task with farm manager.
What you will need:
- Experience or general interest in animals (any species)
- Record keeping skills
- Computer skills a bonus but not required
- Be physically able to work in a fast paced environment
- Lift up to 25 kg
- $16 - $19/h per hour to start depending on experience (45 to 50 hour week)
- Increases and or incentives will be given after 3 month probationary period is complete based on quality of work or contribution to the overall performance of the farm.
- All work and safety gear provided
- Rotational weekends are necessary
Please note that only candidates currently residing in Canada with a valid Canadian Work Permit or Social Insurance Number will be considered.